Hunter’s Guide to Warlords of Draenor Changes
Note: As of September 2014, new authors and admins are taking the reigns, and these guides are being constantly updated for Warlords of Draenor!
Welcome to Warlords of Draenors, fellow hunters. 6.0 is upon us. We’re ready to help you get prepared for the expansion and onward. Most of these guides are relevant for level 90 and we will have them updated again to fit level 100 needs. Enjoy! We’re super happy to finally have these guides revamped!
Here’s the shortcut to various WoD guides on the WHU:
- 6.0.2 Hunter Meta Guide
- WoD Stat Conversions & Combat Ratings
- Best WoD Hunter Enchants
- New & Changed Hunter Abilities Roundup
- WoD Hunter Talents
- WoD Hunter Glyphs
- WoD Hunter Buffs
- WoD Hunter Pet changes
- WoD Profession and Garrison Directory
- List of Hunter Soloing Kills or here
- Shoot’s Soloing Guide in WoD
- Extreme Soloing Talents and Glyphs for WoD
- New Hunter Abilities/Pruning: Hunters gain a new raid cooldown called “Aspect of the Fox”. Unlike it’s Cataclysm form, this will be a 3 minute cooldown that allows raid-wide movement for 6 seconds. A lot of abilities have been changed or removed, review the rotation guides above and visit WoD Ability Changes for a current list of all the new and changed stuff — not counting talents, which can be found on the talent page.
- New Perks: Every two levels after level 90 you will recieve a spec-specified perk for your hunter. They are still random, and some of them modify your survivability, damage and even some ability modifications. We have the list of perks under here at the WoD ability changes page.
- New Attunements: Every hunter specialization will be getting a new unique attunement that modifies their stat % in some form. Marksman will receive 5% extra critical strikes from all sources, Beast Mastery an additional 5% mastery from all sources (Animal Handler), and Survival gets 20% extra MS damage.
- Talents Changes: Some changes to WoD includes a new set of talents unlocked at level 100. These will be controversial as one changes your basic auto shots to do something special, another is a crazy ability that replaces steady shot / cobra shot and doubles focus regeneration, and the last for MM/Survival increases single target damage when your pet is gone or if you’re BM increases pet damage passively. Here’s a look at the level 100 talents and other changes you should be aware of at WoD Hunter Talents.
- New Stats: In WoD, two new stats are being introduced. Multistrikes and Versatility. Versatility is more of a stat for hybrids, but increases healing and damage done by a small percentage. Multistrikes will be an important stat to look for, as it gives a chance for your attacks to roll for extra damage twice. For more details on how MS works, please check out Delirium’s guide of MS and technical math behind the stat values.
- Removal of Hit and Expertise: In Warlords of Draenor, hit and expertise are removed from the game. This means any gear with hit or expertise will be converted into mastery, haste and crit. No multistrike or versatility on any 90 or below gear.
- Removal of MANY Sockets: In WoD, a lot of your gear will no longer have sockets. Sockets will be something that will have a 1% drop for your gear to now have. Even tier gear can now also be ‘warforged’, but you will not know till it’s opened. For gemming if you do get lucky sockets, go for your secondaries that your spec will want the most, as pure primary stat gems are all gone.
- New Glyphs: Some glyphs no longer can be used at the same time. There’s also been some fun minor glyphs and some major ones added in Warlords, that you can find here at the WoD Hunter Glyphs page.
- New Raid Buffs and Changes: With Versatility being included in the mix now, we are up to 9 raid buffs that can be provided to the raid. Hunters can still bring any raid buff to the table, but everyone should take some time to visit the changes done to buffs, as a lot of pets had their buffs swapped around or added. Check out WoD Hunter Buffs article, which does list all buffs as well as which ones hunters bring.
- Hunter Pets & Pet Talents: A lot of pets had their abilities pruned, including majority with CCs and debuffs. There are new abilities that outsiders of the BM spec may now have, and also a new list of pets to tame and new abilities added to pets as well. Some pets also had their buffs swapped around, so check out the WoD Hunter Pet changes for all the details.