6.0 Is Nigh!
Good evening, hunters. Today we’re going to take one last look at Mists of Pandaria hunters and remind everyone to get some final things done this week before you no longer can, as 6.0 releases next week. Mists was an interesting expansion for hunters. At the start, we were strong until a few talents got nerfed (Lynx Rush, Blink Strikes being passive) and struggled slightly here and there till Siege of Orgrimmar. I think from a soloing perspective, a lot of amazing feats were conquered; as well as the all Hunter raids making a major come back towards the end of the expansion. Frostheim continues to watch the WHU, and is backbone for this website’s revival, but we all miss him. A lot of strong writers are helping hunters out wherever they can. Podcasts make a path back into the community as well. This was a good couple years! There are a lot of bittersweet emotions about raiding 10 or 25 man heroic SoO for one last time this week and welcoming on board the new “Mythic” prospect, eagerly waiting to see what that can bring in store for the hunter community.
I feel like Mists was a very solid expansion from a raiding point of view and will be heavily missed as 6.0 rolls in with all of its intimidating button pruning, mechanical changes to classes and damage shrinking as well. We will have guides revised before the patch hits. Sorry for the delay, we felt it would be better to do it all at once after they stopped toying with beta builds as much and hope to help hunters all around be ready for the massive changes.
While we are on our last week of 5.4, here’s a good reminder of things you should probably do before the patch hits:
- Challenge Modes: The armor, achievements, everything ends this week. Nag a friend, go to Openraid.us, but try to get some sweet looking hunter transmog gear and mount opportunities before it’s too late! Remember if you have all the silver achievements on one character, you can get all the phoenix mounts when 6.0 goes live-account wide.
- Proving Grounds: The level 90 achievements are going away when 6.0 hits.
- Kill Garrosh: Heroic or Normal. The feat of strengths will no longer be obtainable after this week and with them the normal mount (Kor’kron War Wolf) will become unobtainable, the heroic mount (Kor’kron Juggernaut) will continue to have a 100% drop rate until WoD when the drop rate will be nerfed to 1%. The heirlooms however, will have a 100% drop rate if you still don’t have your MAIN spec heirloom during the 6.0 pre-patch, this applies to each raid difficulty individually, so if you already have a flex heirloom but don’t have a normal you’ll have a guaranteed normal heirloom if you kill Garrosh. The 100% drop will only apply to the first heirloom you get, though the drop rates for heirloom after the first will be greatly increased.
- Brawler’s Guild: All the achievements will be gone! New season will be released for level 100 characters.
- Cap your valor/JP/Honor/Conquest: Get some free gold when the patch hits.
- Finish your cloak: If you haven’t started by now, it’s probably too late. If an alt is beyond the test of valor quest, hurry up and go get it!
Also remember that item upgrades will be done via timeless isle coins, and there is now no longer a cap on getting bonus coin rolls. Get to the timeless isle, kill a bunch of frogs and be prepared!
My personal spec preference for 6.0 as a hunter is to go Marksman or Beast Mastery. There will be a strong lack of MS gear that makes survival stick out, so be prepared to practice MM when it goes live. We’ll again, have guides ready for you to go by the end of this week.
If there’s anything else I missed for the reminder list, feel free to post below in the comments! Now on to the events WHU has in store for everyone this weekend!
This is a reminder that the all-horde #TeamHunter pre-patch bash versus tier 14 is THIS Saturday at 9pm central. We still have a couple spots and we will need reserves on roster! It will be raid lead and moderated by several players who have a lot of experience in conquering the tougher feats that #TeamHunter has done, the many staff members of HPP and WHU will also be on board to slaughter some bosses. Are you interested in signing up? Just sign up here on our OpenRaid link.
My only requirements from players interested in going will be an item level of 540 (to ensure no dps checks will doom us), mumble (no mic required), and prior experience to the first raiding tier of MoP. Also be on time. That’d be nice. 9pm central is for raid invites, 9:30 pm central we go.
Our biggest struggles will probably include Bladelord. Why? Windbams. Enough said…
(thank you Rickett for the image!)
Podcast day! Don’t forget to tune into episode #202 of the Hunting Party Podcast here; at 9am central/10am eastern for a brief episode to help hunters prepare for the upcoming 6.0 launch! We won’t be going nearly as long as the #201 episode from two weeks ago, but plan on answering your questions, covering quite a few things, and more. As per usual, if you want us to answer questions, send us a tweet @HuntingPartyPod!
After the podcast, come do a “Running of the Bulls” event, organized by Bell and other WHU in-game officers! There will be giveaways!
I’m sure some of you are wondering what exactly this “Running of the Bulls” I mentioned is. Well, long story short, we’re going to make level 1 Tauren hunters and have a race to Orgrimmar as a stampede of bulls, with friendly pink tallstriders at our sides! There will be no gimmicks or level 90s able to interfere in our fun, so expect something highly organized compared to the Hogger event last weekend (which we are still sorry about). This will be an event open for all players! When you log on, just type /join whu for the channel where we will be preparing and where we’ll give out the mumble information so everyone can listen. Stay in the tauren starting zone, don’t be a cheater and it will be a fun event for everyone. We’ll have moderators to make sure no one cheats, as there will be gold and other items to hand out as prizes to our winners!
When is all of this happening? Sunday October 12th 5pm eastern on Icecrown/Malygos. It will be a very fun event so invite your friends, invite your family, and if you want to, invite your neighbors to come play with us.
Expect more events in the future as we want to really want to bring the community together in free-for-all events as well as high end events. With WoD will come the return of all-hunter Alliance raids as well, so if you are unable to go to this week’s #TeamHunter raid, don’t fret! You will have a chance to participate in 6.0!
Thank you all for reading. As a final thought, what did you like about Mists of Pandaria the most?
October 8th, 2014