WHU Event Tonight!

Reminder, the big WHU event is happening tonight! 6pm Icecrown server time. Meet in the Ironforge throne room. Get a Glyph of Explosive Trap if you can.

We need dwarves of level 80 or higher if at all possible, but we’ll take anyone over 60. I’m told no cross-realm is available for this one.

UPDATE: The WHU all-hunter raid has marched Orgrimmar and downed Garrosh! For the Hunter!

1. Roachkilla says:

When I logged on tonight I saw the aftermath of what had happened. I wished so badly that I had not faction changed my little dwarf, but it was for the better. He is now a troll and has become my main in my brothers guild where we are progressing much smoother with another hunter on board.

2. Yorri says:

I love you Frost and I love WHU and was so excited for the event, but when the event unfolded I must admit I was very disappointed that the final event for a very long time was PVP. I was also disheartened by the WHU attendance. I hope that maybe another event maybe not so far in the future will be available at a better time for everyone. Frost, thanks so much for WHU and for all you do and for everyone who puts their time and energy into making WHU.

• Arth says:

Well, there’s no meaningfully challenging PvE left for us. We were killing world bosses 20-60 levels ago. Hell, the level 1 event tackled a world dragon. Even Pandaria presents no big challenges, and the Sha would’ve destroyed us. Garrosh was the last logical place to take the guild. There are other events we could’ve done, but none with the inherent challenge or drama of taking down the head honcho of the Horde.

The attendance was partially due to the cap we put on this one. The WHU guild is a lot of 2nd, 3rd, or 4th alts. There’s less than ever near endgame, and we set the minimum at lvl 80. We still had close to 100 by most counts, which is only a little less than we’ve been averaging. The biggest events have hit 200+, but most top out near or just under 150.

I think the biggest event turnout was around 350 hunters. Attendance has been in general decline for a long time now. I’m guessing that’s because the newness has worn off, but it’s possible that the problem is the steadily rising level cap — and certainly that hurt attendance for Garrosh.

It will be interesting to see what the numbers are for the new baby hunter guild when we start it. I’m betting that it’s still around the 150 that we got for the last few events.

3. Bramman says:

This event was awesome. Can’t wait to see the videos!

4. Sazda says:

I hope one of these days I can attend an event cross realm :) Unless I get really bored and start leveling another hunter on Icecrown just for WHU. Will see :)

5. Weizenbrew says:

Thanks to Frost and the officers, and especially for the folks who farmed the ogre suits! This was my first event and I found it to be awesome. Flying into Ogrimar and curb-stomping Garrosh was sweetness! Tip my Stylin crimson hat to the folks who organized, managed, and executed the event.

Ready to lvl a fresh Hunter!

6. bellaskye says:

Thank you guys! It was a very fun event :D
    @>—
    Bella

7. Reshtarc says:

I want to give kudos to Bramman for organizing a PvP kill team for the 2nd attempt. Having 8 of us jumping on and nailing the Horde players as they came into the throne room made a huge difference.

8. Dianth says:

Wow! you guys nailed Garrosh! That’s terrific! First event I’ve missed since I joined as a baby hunter. I had a good excuse, my son and his lovely Fiancee got married.
    I can’t wait to see the video :)