5.2 Hunter Trinket Rankings

Today at WoW Insider I take a look at all of the patch 5.2 hunter trinkets, as well as a couple of the older ones (including the Relic of Xuen) with upgrades and see which trinkets are the best for hunters, and which are the worst.

Last week we went over the patch 5.2 hunter gear — everything, that is, except for the most complicated slot. And as always, the roughest gear and most debated gear decisions revolve around trinkets.

The question of which of the hunter trinkets are best is further complicated by the fact that current trinkets can be upgraded (a feature that will not be available to us once patch 5.2 hits). So will the upgraded Relic of Xuen be a contender with the new trinkets? Or should you spend those valor points elsewhere in your remaining weeks?

So let’s roll up our sleeves and do some trinket math! We’re going to take a look at all the new hunter trinkets datamined in patch 5.2, and compare that against the upgraded forms of some of the top other trinkets. … Read More.

1. Heavyspear says:

Sorry frost but blizzard just stated that runes of reorgination will now subtract your 2 lowest stats and add double that amount to your highest so you might want to re-evaluate it and edit your post

2. Kheldul says:

That trinket will be a complete PITA for people. It will now be a weird dance. If I expect do do all my DPS CDs during and only during the trinket procs then I would want to have my mastery and haste to be about the same and my crit to only be a TINY amount more. Then I’d get a large ((mastery + haste) * 2) crit buff. But if I’m normally reforged trying to push all haste and mastery into crit when possible then “mastery + haste” will be a smaller number — and much smaller when it’s multiplied by two.

Of course I just checked my battle.net sheet and it looks like my highest secondary stat is mastery…

3. Malyuta says:

Post is not on joystiq, the lnk for “More…” leads nowhere.

• Arth says:

I think he’s rejiggering the post to account for the just-released info on the one trinket. Should be back up soon, I would guess.

4. Whitees says:

Link leads nowhere, heres one that should work: http://wow.joystiq.com/category/hunter/

5. Arktem says:

I’d be curious to see your math on this list. Even with the changes, Rune of Re-Origination is no where near BiS. There are currently only a few classes that will actually use Run, WW Monks, Rogues, and possibly Enhancement Shaman.

Hunters secondary stats compliment each other far to much for us to sacrifice them in favor of crit.

I don’t have the rune as a BiS, it’s worth noting. It makes it to #4 on the rankings. The gear setup I’m using has 7891 crit, 5451 haste, and 4294 mastery. So that’s a gain of 19,490 crit at the expense of all haste and mastery. We lose some of the synergy (and that synergy exists, but it isn’t huge), but it’s still a pretty substantial net gain when it’s procced.

6. Bramman says:

Why not go nuts with SV and Thrill of the Hunt? It seems the best choice for AoE heavy encounters.