A couple weeks ago, I wrote an article on spirit heals, and it had to do with some trickery involving Stampede.
This is not the only thing you can do with Stampede.
- Missing some buffs for a soloing or Brawler’s Guild endeavor? Stock your stable with pets that bring needed buffs and have them on auto-cast. It won’t give you those buffs forever, but the 30-40 seconds of most buffs can add up to a lot of dps.
- Want extra heals? Use the Spirit Beast trick from the article linked at the top.
- Want to buy you or your group some extra time? Have Growl turned on for a couple of your Stampede pets. Temporary aggro, and it doesn’t matter if the pet dies. Not applicable in raids, but could be useful in various other situations.
- Want to give your pet an amazing survivability cooldown? Cast 5 different Last Stand abilities. I learned this one thanks to WHU reader CaribaLd. Last Stand actually gives YOU a buff, so casting it 5 times will give your primary pet an insane amount of health. Pair this with our heals, which hit for a percentage of pet health instead of a flat rate, and you have an awesome cooldown for producing huge heals.
THIS is why Stampede is awesome. Forget the look and feel of it; it gives us so many options for maximizing our performance. Experiment with these, and post others if you find them.
- Ancient Hysteria is NOT castable during Stampede. If you find a way to do so, please let me know. As it is, my tests have come back negative on this.
- When doing the Spirit Beast heals trick, it’s important to have Spirit Mend on auto-cast during Stampede. If you don’t, the execution of the heal is buggy. Ideally, just make sure your primary pet’s Spirit Mend isn’t on cooldown. It tends to work much better that way.