Here’s the second of the Hunter Fuel new hunter songs, and the first of the original songs — the hunter love song, ‘Til the Servers Shut Down. This song is all about the unique relationship between hunters and their pets.

You can download a mp3 of ‘Til the Servers Shut Down here.
If Google Drive is telling you too many have downloaded it today, you can download a zip here.

Special thanks on this one go out to all the hunters who contributed screenshots of their hunter with their pet for the video. I had the idea at the last second (scrapping what I had been working on) and posted a call for screenshots on Friday evening, for a video I was making that weekend. I had no idea I’d get so many awesome submissions in that narrow time window: by Saturday afternoon I had literally hundreds of screenshots and they just kept coming in.

So thank you guys for all the beautiful images, and I’m sorry I couldn’t get them all in the video!

Balthazar is going to be doing an acoustic version of one of the 4 songs, and this is the song that I’m going to push for the acoustic version  of — but he won’t start on that until all four songs are done.

Lyrics

I first saw you pacing on the slopes
Dead center in the crosshairs of my scope

It was love at first sight
I’ll never forget that night

We formed a bond that never can break
Hunter and pet brought together by fate
Exploring the world and learning our place
And pausing to pwn the occasional face

I’ve got your back and you’ve got mine
Together we’ll live forever even if we die trying
From the moment we met our hearts were bound
Just you and me ’til the servers shut down

But what’s this? I see a pretty kitty
She’ll look great when we’re sitting in the city

It’s my true love
We’re meant for each other

She really knows how to top the meters
And she goes with my gear, just makes it sweeter
And when she hides there’s nothing that can spot us
And side by side there’s nothing that can stop us

I’ve got your back and you’ve got mine
Together we’ll live forever even if we die trying
From the moment we met our hearts were bound
Just you and me ’til the servers shut down

But wait, what’s this? I spy a firefly
We’ll find serenity just he and I

My quest is now done
‘Cause he is the one

But wait, at last, I found a spirit beast
Now that I’ve got him my life is complete
But wait, hold on, I need a sporebat
‘Cause a billion points of damage is where it’s at
But wait, King Krush, the greatest dinosaur
You’ll know he’s hardcore when you hear him roar
I need one more, just one more

25 slots just isn’t enough
There’s more than 25 that I love
There’s not one pet I could ever lose
How can you make me choose

I’ve got your back and you’ve got mine
Together we’ll live forever even if we die trying
From the moment we met our hearts were bound
Just you and me ’til the servers shut down

1. Mike Marlin says:

getting error when trying to download song says url is https://accounts.google.com/CookieMismatch

2. Silver says:

I haven’t even listened to the song yet, but I have to say this first. I just read your words and they made me cry (it’s ok – I’m a girl…); they express exactly how I feel about pets and the reason I love being a hunter. Thank you!!

3. Ironthumbs says:

Im in!! Happiest hunter EU :)

4. Willtel says:

Just helps prove that Hunters are the most special class in the WOW . Others may have something they call pets but we must strike that special bond which never ends. How could anyone be anything but a Hunter.

5. Loverlie says:

YAY! I made it into the video! :D Super-sized Loque!

6. Flint says:

On the WHU Facebook page some of us were having this very same discussion about the relationship we as Hunters have with our pets and how we come to see them as actual pets.

7. Arth says:

I forgot to send in a pic. But deciding on which pet to feature would’ve been tough anyway. My very first pet, Bill Nye the Science Cat? Or one of the pets – Croc, Turtle, Worm – that have helped me pet tank through 3 expansions?

I’m glad so many were featured though, and it’s a cool song.

8. Ruta says:

Yay, I saw myself and my raiding buddy both in there. (I’m the Pandaren with the slime for a pet. His name is Gerald, and he is my awesome.)

9. Myrrmi says:

This. Is. AWESOME~!!

And yay, I’m in! :D
    Frost, letting us all contribute to the vid was truly an awesumsauce idea!

10. Nanthalas says:

there I am :D, nice!!!

11. Neilaren says:

Nether Rays represent! ;)

12. Kheldul says:

“Sorry, you can’t view or download this file at this time.

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can’t access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.”

Let me in! :)

• GoodGracious says:

This is why there is a second link – that doesn’t have that limitation. :)

To be fair, I added the second link after his comment : ) Really disappointed with Google Drive, since none of their documentation says anything about limitations, and those limits are clearly pretty low.

• GoodGracious says:

Ahh! I was caught out! Sorry Kheldul! Thanks Frost! Good to know that Google Drive does have that limitation we can plan for it.

13. Alissatasari says:

That was fun, and it was really great to see how many people care that their pet matches their gear. Maybe 25 slots really aren’t enough.

14. Wätts says:

Looking at the quality of these screenshots, I’m really surprised my shot made the cut (Tauren with Spirit Beasts & Ghostly Pets).

Maybe there weren’t many entries of folks using Stampede to bring out more than one pet?

15. Clin says:

I’m getting the message that too many people have downloaded

• GoodGracious says:

Try the second link – that’s not saying it, is it?

16. Maddy says:

You guys ARE. JUST. AMAZING. I love you and I love the song. It catches *perfectly* the bond between we hunters and their pets. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

17. Mabon says:

Just have to say, that was awesome!! Can’t wait to see the rest.

18. Zarabethe says:

Thanks so much for using my screenshot! So nice to see Cerulean and baby Cerulean strutting their stuff :).