More Brawler’s Guild action, this time of Rank 5.

Rank 5 has some truly interesting and difficult fights, like Millie Watt and the Leper Gnome Quintet.  I’m at the point where all the fights are hard enough that they need some explanation of strategy and approach in the videos.

As always, if you have questions or additional advice, feel free to share in the comments.

For those curious, or for those who are ahead of these videos as they come out on the WHU, the videos on my Youtube page go up to (but not including) the Dark Summoner, who I’m currently working on in Rank 7.  But if you’re stuck on, say, Rank 6 or the GG Engineering fight, those videos may be able to help you, and will be up shortly on the WHU.

1. Slash says:

Hey Arth, i know u are not rank 7, but when u get there u must know that GG Engineers is…..hard for hunters, reasons is, and this is a quote from a site:

“The fight is bugged for hunters. When you use Stampede or if any pets will be summoned by trinkets (there is the engineering one), the rockets will not follow you and they will land in random places.”

this is the same with dire beast, so u have to do the fight without Stampede or dire beast (u change dire beast talent, and pop Stampede if when hes almost dead and need to finish him)

so dps my be a little tight but it is doable

• Arth says:

Actually, I’ve downed the GG Engineering fight. I haven’t heard about the bug, and I used both Stampede and Dire Beast in my fight. So I can’t speak to that particular problem, but you’re welcome to check out the video on my Youtube channel to see how I handled it. It should be up on the WHU soon as well.

2. Slash says:

might*

3. Don says:

So, this is the Warcraft Brawlers Guild now?

How about an actual Hunter article sometime?

• Arth says:

Frost has been sidelined with an illness. This is what we’ve been able to fill it with. Hope you enjoy them. If not, regular content will resume soon.

4. Jackbower says:

Hey, that’s not nice! Seriously though, give Frost a break, it’s the damn holidays for crying out loud! Besides, I’ve always liked how you never know what you’re going to read next when you come to warcrafthuntersunion.com. It just so happens that the “article” Arth is doing has many fights.

P.S. – I like Brawler’s Guild, cheap and tough as it may be ;D

5. Mobile CMS says:

Apparently Proboskus uses abilities that the Jinyu rares use, Torrent and Rain Dance. Interesting.

6. col says:

These videos kind of piss me off. They have no point. You don’t explain things, you constantly reference about how you read about them. You mention “I” constantly. If you are going to do a commentary on what blizz did with the brawler’s guild do that. If you want to talk about your experience with it, then write it on facebook or tumblr. Do something specifically good, not a half ass job with everything. Also with the commentary, ether do it during the fights to make it suspenseful, or do it after, after doing exact research in what is going on in the video.

• Chooch says:

I actually find his videos helpful. The bosses in the first 5 ranks are not that hard and by just watching these videos I have been able to beat each boss rather easily.

The only thing that has made these fights difficult is my pet having trouble holding aggro. I am running as BM and growl is on, but I am constantly pulling off my pet unlike Arth whose pet maintains good aggro.

• Arth says:

Well, for many of the bosses I don’t have much to explain. A Wowhead writeup is better. Second, I do reference individual strategies. They might not be universal strategies for each and every fight, but there’s something in here for many of the fights. Lastly, it’s becomes more like a tutorial as the fights progress. Rank 5 has more strategy than rank 4, which has more strategy than rank 3, etc. By Rank 7, I’m slowing the videos down so I have time to explain everything that’s needed. So, for harder content, it is aimed to help.

7. Roachkilla says:

To the whiners and complainers, it’s very unnecessary and immature. Do your hating elsewhere.

Arth, I have enjoyed your vids. I probably won’t get an invite to the BG (need different acronym) for a good while, but I hope to eventually get a chance at the fun myself.
    I’m just glad that I can get a glimpse of what is to come without having ALL the mechanics and “how to’s” spelled out for me. I can’t wait to see how you do in the up coming fights, and to see what brutality awaits in the higher tiers.

• Arth says:

Thanks, it’s appreciated. The strategy gets thicker as the fights progress, so I have more to talk about.

8. Rhinochaser says:

Would you mind telling us your item level and your sustatined DPS for each fight? Im a lvl 6 and I think I have pretty much gone as far as my gear will allow but would be helpful to know your DPS and I lvl. Also the glyph of black ice is very useful for the kiting fights. This and being grouped with allot of others that are in there fighting as well helps a ton. RAID BUFFS make a big difference. Just FYI

• Arth says:

I’m 481 ilvl, and my sustained dps varies. There’s a lot of factors, like how many buffs I manage to get, fights mechanics, etc. I think the lowest I’ve done is 50K, though on many fights where the boss dies during the “burst” phase, I finish with well over 100K. I tend to hover between 60-70K though, for full-length fights.