Blizzard Says No New Stable Slots

Blizzard passed another developer Q&A along to fansites, which included a couple hunter-specific questions. The one of most interest is that they confirmed there are no current plans to add more stable slots for hunters.

While I have all the slots I need, I totally understand the frustration of hunters who enjoy collecting the various pet taming challenges — there are after all more of these pets than there are stable slots. You put rare or difficult to get pets in the game and you gotta expect your players to want to collect them. And when they want space to put them this isn’t a problem — it’s a sign of a successful design! So let pet collecting hunters keep their trophies!

Q: Hunters are really excited about the new pets being introduced in 5.1. Requests have been coming in from both forums & social media asking if we can expand the number of stable slots so they can collect them, rather than agonize over which pet they want to release to free up a slot. Suggestions include adding more stable slots, or adding a hunter pet tab similar to the way mounts/battle pets are listed. Are there any plans for updating Hunter pet storage?

A: Not at this time. We understand the concern and are exploring options to better optimize the system, but the hunter essence wasn’t designed to be “catch them all.”

1. Akhem says:

“there are after all more of these pets than there are stable slots. ”
    That’s exactly the point! Rare and precious pets are just that: rare and precious. I’m so fed up with the “I want everything handed over to me on a silver platter” mentality of most players at the moment… “Reputation grind takes too long! Rares are too hard to kill! I won’t be able to get into the Brawler’s Guild fast enough! *insert various whines here*”
    I mean… appreciate the challenges, people!
    Ok, sue me for being an old WoW coot.

• Shadda says:

It’s not really being handed pets on a silver platter (there’s a mildly disturbing image). You’d still have to go out and find the pets, after all. It’s more like asking for a larger plate to put the pets on..?
      Hey, one look at a dwarf tells you they aren’t exactly masters of portion control!

2. Kaneli says:

I don’t care about the comparison to Blind or anything else, what really gets to me is that we pretty much need Scatter to hit to be able to successfully trap anyone. If our main CC was cast on target instead, this would not be such a big issue imo (still annoying though, ie. can’t be reliably used as an interrupt).

3. Rddragon says:

Yeah I don’t know how asking for more pet slots is equal to being handed them on a platter. And Blizz’s response to this is less than logical. If you’re going to offer so many rare pets and then tantalize us with taming challenges, why not give us enough slots to keep them? It really doesn’t make sense and it seems like such an easy accomodation to make. I don’t see what the downside could be on this one.

As for the scatter shot thing…I agree with Blizz’s answer. Making every similar ability behave equally across classes would water down the game too much.

4. Ismena says:

I like have 5 pets on call for whatever situation might arise, but honestly I liked the days of 3 pets only too. “Look out for the draenai with the warp stalker! She’s leet!” Hunters are joined to their pets. And even now with so many stable spots, I still rotate through the same 2 or 3 pets most of the time. I understand that some people want to PVP and raid and do 5-mans and having multiple pet slots is helpful for those situations, but… how many do we need really?
    Although, I see an idea bouncing around of a “pet zoo” to store those rares and hunter challenges. What about a title for taming so many rares/challenges? Because really, for most players, walking around with that rare tame is just another badge of honor.

• Rddragon says:

I don’t think it’s a matter of “need”, but a matter of accomodating those people who enjoy collecting rares. Blizzard obviously has created these rares and taming challenges to encourage collecting, so why not offer hunters enough space to keep the rares they tame?

5. mandya says:

Blizz is looking at pets in a fishing mindset; catch and release.

6. Dielhelm says:

If they wont give us more stable slots they should stop adding new pets. I love hunting these pets, but I have stopped since my stable is full, I could get rid of some spirit beasts as I did with the molten front spider skins but I spent way more time hunting and camping the SB’s(have all but the one from twilight highlands) than I did any other pet.

• Jaeger says:

I don’t have that many SB but I do have a full stable so that I can bring buffs as BM or non-BM and several rarer pets that I want to keep.

Like you though, I haven’t even looked for any of the new rares because I don’t have anywhere to put them.

7. Greetings everyone I’m doing a very nice site, bend turkey hunting equipment sales has live internet store surfing the Internet I saw here I wish you success

8. Dharion says:

“Q: Hunters are upset that Scattershot can be dodged, while Blind is on a 1-minute cooldown but can’t be dodged. What’s to be made of the disparity?

A: Hunters and Rogues have completely different toolsets that complement each other differently. Making side-by-side comparisons between class abilities is a good way to become needlessly frustrated. Scattershot behaves the way it does by design; it is a ranged attack and intentionally subject to being dodged.”

I see….so SuperBadassUltraNinjaBossGuy can dodge a bullet….but not something tossed in his face? To me, just more proof of Blizzard loving their babies the rogues.