Moving Slowly in MoP

Alas, I am moving incredibly slowly in MoP and still have not yet been able to hit 90. This is mostly due to the very little in-game playtime that I’ve had — which isn’t getting any better since I’m leaving for my tabletop RPG groups annual camping trip in an hour. Highs in the 40s and lows in the 20s — gonna be some cold gaming around the campfire. On the bright side: no bugs.

One of the other things that I’ve been doing instead of leveling has been working on playing catch-up with the Mists of Pandaria hunter guides here on the site. Last expansion I had most of them done before the expansion launch, but this time around I’ve just had an incredibly busy fall and kept putting them off. I’m way behind where I want to be, and every time I do log in for an hour or two of leveling I feel guilty for not working on the guides. Thus far I do have the big pre-raid gear list up over at Scattered Shots, and I’ve done the MoP hit cap and expertise cap guides, stat priorities, list of best hunter gems and the list of best hunter enchants.

I’ve been putting off the rotation guides only because they take longer to write and I’ve already roughly covered them (and talents, and glyphs) in the 5.0.4 guide. But those are all on the list to get into as soon as I can.

Oh, and in other news (and another thing I have been working on) Balthazar has completely finished one of the new hunter songs, but I have to make a video for it (he got me the final version the night before MoP, alas). He’s working on the hunter love song now and should be able to move through the others much faster he says. Apparently the hunter community song was by far the most time-consuming. Maybe I shouldn’t have suggested he do that first.

1. Mythriak says:

“On the bright side: no bugs.”

Oh… I see what you did there…

2. lat says:

Bah… dump scattered shots… focus on us here and start to enjoy the game.. in game! On a side note what tabletop game do you play?

3. Eurinome says:

Your noble sacrifices are appreciated Frost.
    I’m finding the grind very slow too, have found that rather than beat myself over the head thinking ohgodohgodohgodigottagetto90, the game is much more enjoyable if I go with the storylines (granted, in the zones offering the slightly harder quests). Then the xp chugs up seemingly by itself and the rewards are usually fairly good upgrades. (Nothing compared to 5-man drops, but with a 30 minute queue for a pug these days, it’s my least soul-destroying option).
    Happy camping.

4. harley says:

i personally want to thank you for this site and all you do for the hunter community

5. Culverin says:

Just enjoy yourself Frost, your work is always appreciated and there’s a long way to go with this expansion yet. Have a good trip.

6. Pthor says:

Take your time man…
    And, by the way, thanks for the wonderful job!
    Keep it up.

7. TaintedBlaKK says:

Fellow Minnesotan here, get out and enjoy it… you know you won’t get many opportunities coming up. Thank you so very much for the thought and effort you put in everyday for us. I know I speak for the community when I say, Take your time and have fun. Long time fan..

8. BoomBuster says:

So where does Hunter DPS Stand compared to the Rest of the Field? I’ve notice considerable DPS drop compared to other classes.

9. Stoogecat says:

need some help here, im lvl 90 ans doing crap for dps but im smoking eveyone else in damage im running bm spec. Is that that nature of bm now low dps high damage or is it me not using proper rotation>