This is a complete list of the hunter glyphs available in Warlords of Draenor.
One major change to highlight before listing all of the glyphs: Some glyphs no longer interact with each other, meaning you can’t use Glyph of Liberation and Glyph of Disengage at the same time anymore. The guide will be broken into categories as to what glyphs can’t interact with each other, and what glyphs are just neutral overall. Neutral glyphs mean there is no conflict with the glyph’s interaction with another glyph. It’s a weird change, but here you all go none-the-less!
Major WoD Hunter Glyphs
- Glyph of Animal Bond – While your pet is active, all healing done to you and your pet is increased by 10%.
- Glyph of Distracting Shot – Your Distracting Shot now distracts the target to attack your pet instead of you.
- Glyph of Explosive Trap – Your Explosive Trap no longer deals damage, instead knocking enemies back from the trap when it explodes.
- Glyph of Master’s Call - Increases the duration of your Master’s Call by 4 sec.
- Glyph of Misdirection – When you use Misdirection on your pet, the cooldown on your Misdirection is reset.
- Glyph of Tranquilizing Shot – Your Tranquilizing Shot no longer costs Focus, but has a 10 sec cooldown.
- Glyph of Endless Wrath – [BM Only] While Bestial Wrath is active, your pet cannot be killed, but can still be damaged.
- Glyph of Chimaera Shot – [MM Only] Successful Chimera Shots now also heal you for 2% of your maximum health. (Learned at level 50)
- Glyph of Solace – Your Freezing Trap also removes all damage over time effects from its target.
- Glyph of No Escape - Increases the ranged critical strike chance of all of your attacks on targets affected by your Freezing Trap by 100%.
- Glyph of Freezing Trap – When your Freezing Trap breaks, the victim’s movement speed is reduced by 70% for 4 sec.
- Glyph of Snake Trap - Your Ice Trap is replaced with Snake Trap. Venomous snakes released by the trap will poison nearby enemies with a Crippling Poison that reduces movement speed by 50% for 12 sec.
- Glyph of Black Ice – While you move through the area affected by your Ice Trap you gain 50% movement speed. (Learned at level 50)
- Glyph of Ice Trap – Increases the radius of the effect from your Ice Trap by 2 yards.
- Glyph of Quick Revival – Your Revive Pet is now instant but costs 80 Focus.
- Glyph of (Minor)Revive Pet – Reduces the pushback suffered from damaging attacks while casting Revive Pet by 100%.
- Glyph of Deterrence – Increases the distance you travel when you Disengage.
- Glyph of Mirrored Blades – When attacked by a spell while in Deterrence, you have a 100% chance to reflect it back at the attacker.
- Glyph of Enduring Deceit – Camouflage also reduces spell damage taken by 10%.
- Glyph of Camouflage – Your Camouflage ability now provides stealth even while moving, but your movement speed while Camouflage is active is reduced by 50%.
- Glyph of Pathfinding – Increases the speed bonus of your Aspect of the Cheetah and Aspect of the Pack by 8%, and increases your speed while mounted by 10%. The mounted movement speed increase does not stack with other effects. (Learned at 25)
- Glyph of Lean Pack – Reduces the radius of Aspect of the Pack by 33 yards.
- Glyph of Mending – Your Mend Pet now heals every 1 sec, and heals for an additional 25% of your pet’s health over its duration. (Learned at 50)
- Glyph of Mend Pet – Gives your Mend Pet ability a 100% chance of cleansing 1 Curse, Disease, Magic or Poison effect from your pet each tick.
Minor WoD Hunter Glyphs
- Glyph of Aspect of the Beast – Teaches you the ability Aspect of the Beast. The Hunter takes on the aspects of a beast, becoming untrackable. Only one Aspect can be active at a time.
- Glyph of Aspect of the Cheetah – Your Aspect of the Cheetah no longer causes you to be dazed when struck. Instead, the effect is cancelled.
- Glyph of Aspect of the Pack – Increases the range of your Aspect of the Pack by 15 yards.
- Glyph of Aspects: Each time you activate a new Aspect, an animal companion representing that Aspect will follow you for 15 sec. See a Glyph of Apects video & details.
- Glyph of Fetch – Command your pet to retrieve the items on a nearby corpse.
- Glyph of Fireworks – Teaches you the ability to launch fireworks from your gun, bow, or crossbow.
- Glyph of Lesser Proportion – Slightly reduces the size of your pet.
- Glyph of Play Dead – Your pet also plays dead when you use Feign Death.
- Glyph of Stampede – Your Stampede no longer summons pets from your stable, and instead uses copies of your current pet.
- Glyph of Tame Beast – Reduces the time required to complete Tame Beast by 4 sec.
With Warlords, comes removal of some glyphs, but some additions to the roster. Some new glyphs that I’m eager to use will be the minor glyphs, such as “Play Dead”. Nothing helps with recovery from a wipe or really fooling your enemy in PvP by having yourself AND your pet feign death at the same time. Quick Revival will be trivial for soloing, as you can anticipate when you’re pet is going to die, therefore you can pool the 80 focus, back away from the boss, revive your pet and go back to your soloing duties! Some glyphs also were modified, for example, Glyph of Snake Trap will now turn your frost trap into snake trap, instead of it’s original ability where it took less damage from AoE attacks.
There’s still a nice variation of choices for hunters. I’m a little shocked a few minor glyphs are gone, such as “Glyph of Direction”, as this was always fun in our all hunter gatherings to turn our misdirected target into a giant beast. Most other glyphs were taken out when the ability was pruned, as you no longer see any glyphs pertaining to abilities such as Scatter Shot or Hunter’s Mark. Rest in peace, former iconic hunter abilities, rest in peace.
Lots to anticipate for with Warlords. I don’t think at 100 Animal Bond will be mandatory if you’re a hunter that plays MM/Survival and play with Lone Wolf. You can therefore choose another talent to improve your survivability (so long as they don’t intersect with each other).