This page is the permanent MoP hunter talent page that I will keep updated with changes as they happen throughout the Mists of Pandaria beta. You can mouse over any hunter talent to see the current Mists of Pandaria tooltip for that ability, which allows you to double check if the beta has changed recently.
Keep in mind this is using the new MoP talent system, where we get to choose just one talent from each tier. So at level 15 we have three talent choices, and we can choose one of them. We can change which one we choose later one, but we can never have two talents from the same tier at once.
MoP Hunter Talents
Level 15 Hunter Talents
- Posthaste: Your Disengage frees you from all movement impairing effects and increases your movement speed by 60% for 8 sec.
- Narrow Escape: When you disengage, you also activate a web trap which encases all targets within 8 yards in sticky webs, preventing movement for 8 seconds.
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimera: Reduces the cooldown of Disengage by 10 sec, and the cooldown of Deterrence by 60 sec.
Level 30 Hunter Talents
- Silencing Shot: A shot that silences the target and interrupts spellcasting for 3 sec. 20 sec cooldown.
- Wyvern Sting: A stinging shot that puts the target to sleep for 30 sec. Any damage will cancel the effect. 1 min cooldown. [Wyvern Sting no longer has a damage over time when it breaks, making it easier to re-CC the target.]
- Binding Shot: You fire a magical projectile, tethering the enemy and any other enemies within 5 yards of the landing arrow for 11 sec. If the targets move 5 yards from the arrow they are stunned for 5 sec (3 sec PvP) and will be immune to the effects of Binding Shot for 10 sec. 1 min cooldown.
Level 45 Hunter Talents
- Exhilaration: Instantly heals you for 30% and your pet for 100% of total health. 2 min cooldown.
- Aspect of the Iron Hawk: The Hunter takes on the aspects of an iron hawk, increasing ranged attack power by 10%, and reducing all damage taken by 15%. Replaces Aspect of the Hawk.
- Spirit Bond: While your pet is active, you and your pet will regenerate 2% of total health every 2 sec.
Level 60 Hunter Talents
- Fervor: Instantly restores 50 focus to you and your pet and an additional 50 focus over 10 sec. 30 sec cooldown.
- Dire Beast: Summons a powerful wild beast to assist you in combat for 15 sec. Each time the animal deals damage, you will gain 5 focus. 40 yd range, Instant, 30 sec cooldown.
- Thrill of the Hunt: You have a 30% chance when you fire a ranged attack that costs Focus and/or Kill Command, to reduce the focus cost of your next 3 Arcane Shots or Multi-Shots by 20.
Level 75 Hunter Talents
- A Murder of Crows: Summons a flock of crows to attack your target over the next 30 sec. If used on a target below 20% health, the cooldown is reduced to 60 sec. 60 Focus, 40 yd range, Instant, 2 min cooldown.
- Blink Strike: Causes your pet to instantly teleport behind an enemy target up to 40 yards away from your pet and inflict 600% normal damage.
- Lynx Rush: Your pet rapidly charges from target to target, attacking 9 times over 4 sec, dealing 200% of its normal attack damage to each target. 100 yd range, Instant, 1.5 min cooldown.
Level 90 Hunter Talents
- Glaive Toss: Your hurl two glaives toward a target, each dealing damage to each enemy struck and reducing movement speed by 30% for 3 sec. The primary target will take 4 times as much damage from each strike. The Glaives will return back to you, damaging and snaring targets again as they return. 15 focus, 40 yard range, instant, 15 sec cooldown.
- Powershot: You wind up a powerful shot, which deals 800% weapon damage to the target and 400% weapon damage to all enemies in between you and the target. Enemies hit by Powershot are also knocked back. 20 focus, 3 sec cast, 1 min cooldown.
- Barrage: 30 focus, channeled. Rapidly fire a spray of shots forward for 3 sec, dealing a total of 640% weapon damage to the target and an average 320% weapon damage to each other enemy target in front of you. 30 sec cooldown. [note that this is a channeled ability, and when in Aspect of the Fox you can channel it on the move.]
Mists of Pandaria Beta is Constantly Changing
It should go without saying that the beta for MoP is constantly changing — and that goes for the hunter talents as well as everything else. We’ve already seen a substantial change in the Mists of Pandaria hunter talents since the talent system was first unveiled at Blizzcon.
The biggest change in most hunter’s eyes is the loss of Transmorph trap, which would have let us transform anyone into a beast, which we could then fear (or just let them wander around in cute little furry circles). If I had to guess I’d say that it was decided that the transmorph trap talent gave hunters too much CC (especially in combination with Readiness).
Here are the other MoP talents from the Blizzcon preview that have since gone away, just for the sake of posterity:
Level 15 Blizzcon MoP Talents
- Frozen Arrows Removed
Your arrows and ammunition are chilled with frost, causing your Auto Shot to have a 30% chance to reduce the target’s movement speed by 30% for 10 sec.
- Arcane Arrows Removed
Your arrows and ammunition are infused with arcane magic, causing your Auto Shot to have a 50% chance to restore 5 focus when it deals damage.
- Venom Tipped Arrows Removed
Your arrows and ammunition are mixed with serpent venom, causing a stacking poison damage over time effect on the target dealing nature damage. Stacks up to 5 times.
Level 30 Blizzcon MoP Talents
- Silencing Shot
20 sec cooldown
A shot that silences the target and interrupts spellcasting for 3 sec.
- Wyvern Sting
1 min cooldown
A stinging shot that puts the target to sleep for 30 sec. Any damage will cancel the effect. When the target wakes up, the sting causes 2190 Nature damage over 6 sec. Only one Sting per Hunter can be active on the target at a time.
- Intimidation Removed
1 min cooldown
Command your pet to intimidate the target, causing a high amount of threat and stunning the target for 3 sec. Lasts 15 sec.
Level 45 Blizzcon MoP Talents
Your movement speed is increased by 60% for 4 sec after you use Disengage.
- Evasiveness Removed
Increases your chance to dodge attacks and resist spells by 100% for 3 sec when you use Disengage.
When you Disengage, you are instantly healed for 15% of your total health when you successfully land.
Level 60 Blizzcon MoP Talents
- Cruoching Tiger, Hidden Chimera
Whenever you are hit by a melee attack, the cooldown of your Disengage is instantly reduced by 4 sec. Whenever you are hit by a ranged attack or spell, the cooldown of your Deterrence is instantly reduced by 8 Sec. These effects have a 2 sec cooldown.
- Aspect of the Iron Hawk
Your Aspect of the Hawk now also reduces all direct damage taken by 15%
- Spirit Bond
While your pet is active, you and your pet will regenerate 2% of total health every 5 sec.
Level 75 Blizzcon MoP Talents
2 min cooldown
Instantly restores 50 focus to you and your pet.
- Readiness Made Baseline
3 min cooldown
When activated, this ability immediately finishes the cooldown on all Hunter abilities.
- Thrill of the Hunt
You have a 15% chance when you fire a shot that costs focus to instantly regain 100% of the focus cost of the shot.
Level 90 Blizzcon MoP Talents
- Flash Freeze Removed
Your Freezing Trap no longer has a cooldown, but only one target can be afflicted by it at a time.
- Black Ice Removed
Increases the movement speed reductino of your Ice Trap by an additional 10% and when you move through your Ice Trap you gain 50% movement speed for 4 sec.
- Transmorph Trap Removed
30 sec cooldown