- High burst damage.
- Control and massive utility with Readiness.
- Only spec with an interrupt(Silencing Shot).
- The “Cookie Cutter” PvP spec.
- Mediocre sustained damage on plate.
I would recommend using Concussive Shot/Master’s Call/Disengage as your major glyphs.
Survival Tactics*Recommended* – Amazing talent for 2 points. It’s practically a must have for trapping and the 4 seconds off Disengage offers some extra mobility as well. With the Disengage Glyph, your Disengage will only have a 16 second cooldown. Comparing it to the cooldown on Shadowstep and Charge, you’ll almost always have a way to create a gap between you and the melee you’re kiting.
Entrapment*Recommended – Adds some utility to Snake Trap and Ice trap. It’s a worthy talent if you find yourself using either Snake or Ice Trap, however in most comps you’ll find yourself using a Scatter Shot into a Freezing Trap. Up to you whether you feel you need the extra root.
One With Nature*Recommended* – With the recent buff to Aspect of the Hawk, 3/3 gives you more AP than you can wave a gnome at.
It’s a toss up between Entrapment and Survival Tactics, or maxing out One with Nature.
In arena you can call/dismiss pets anytime, so having an arsenal of pets with abilities for all situations is a must.
I Find overall the Monkey is by far the superior pet with adding another 4 seconds of CC onto your already large 12 seconds of CC from Scatter+Trap every ~30 seconds.
- Monkey – Bad Manner – This ability is amazing for a little extra CC. It does not share a DR with trap or scatter. *Recommended Pet.*
- Spider – Web – A decent ranged root.
- Moth – Serenity Dust – The go to pet for caster cleaves.
- Wolf (wait what?) – Furious Howl – Now, why a PvE pet you ask? simple. When you’re in arena, buffs that last over 30 seconds will stay even after the doors open. Call your wolf out, wait until about 15 seconds left until doors open(there’s a count down message in-game) and use Furious Howl, then dismiss the wolf, and call one of your other pets. When the game begins you’ll have about ~50 seconds of +5% crit.
Pet Talent Specs:
Marksmanship is currently the go-to PvP spec for hunters. Its massive burst damage, coupled with unparalleled control and mobility, and the utility of Readiness for 2x cooldown makes it the “best” spec overall for all aspects of PvP.