- High burst damage with Bestial wrath.
- Poor sustained damage.
- Lack of a ranged interrupt.
- Rely heavily on pet for damage. Poor pet management and the death of your pet will render you almost useless.
Beast Mastery Glyphs:
There is very little room for variation within the BM talent spec. The last 3 points would be best spent in “Hunter vs. Wild” Talent in Survival.
In arena you can call/dismiss pets anytime, so having an arsenal of pets with abilities for all situations is a must.
I Find overall the Monkey is by far the superior pet with adding another 4 seconds of CC onto your already large 12 seconds of CC from Scatter+Trap every ~30 seconds.
Beast Mastery Pets:
- Silithid – Venom Web Spray – Essentially the same as the Spider’s Web. Solid pet for BM.
- Shale Spider – Web Wrap – Shares DR with Intimidation.
- Spirit Beast – Spirit Mend – Decent heal that you can use on either yourself or somebody else. Scale very well with AP.
Pet Talent Specs:
Beast Mastery is currently slightly more viable than survival for PvP, but nonetheless it’s still rarely seen in the competitive scene due to the weaknesses that it shares with Survival that Marksmanship accommodates for.