Blizzcon Hunter Meetup!

For all of you hunters (or non-hunters) attending Blizzcon, please join the rest of us at the official WHU Hunter meetup. We’ll be meeting at the Hilton lobby bar on Friday night from 8pm local time on. The Hilton is directly across the sidewalk from the entrance to the convention center, making it the easiest to find location possible.

The lobby bar is just inside the main entrance, and down the hall a bit from the side entrance.

Interestingly, I don’t know of any other hunter bloggers who are attending Blizzcon this year (I met Morynne of Marks-365 at the WoW Insider party last year), but I do know that your odds of running into awesomeness at the Hunter Party is high.

To begin with, I’ll be there — and I’ll wear a black bandana so that people can recognize me easily among the crowds. We can also expect to be rubbing elbows with Michele Morrow — I understand principle photography on her movie was delayed just long enough for her to attend Blizzcon, and I’m sure Dawn Moore can be pressed into showing. There are also plenty of other WoW luminaries that are drawn to parties and the Hilton bar in general — there I met Cranius, Legs, Oxhorn, many of the cast of the Guild, and even Ghostcrawler himself. I understand that Revulva from Ask Mr. Robot will be there and you can bet that I’m inviting him to the hunter party as well.

But I can tell you from experience that the best thing about the Hunter Meetup is going to be hanging out with all of the like-minded WoW hunters out there. That is the real joy of being at Blizzcon — all the news and information is all available online in seconds anyway, but hanging out with a horde of hunters in real life cannot be beat. And we hunters are just awesome — and I’m not just saying that. We have the greatest community in the game, and that extends out of game as well. And at Blizzcon we’ll be the only class having their own party!

So if you or someone you know is going to Blizzcon, be sure to schedule time for the great hunter get together — and spread the word!

1. Ironthumbs says:

Wish blizz con wasn’t so far away from us filthy Europeans :( that being said, I dunno if it’s a great idea to meet ones heros anyway. In my mind I picture you to be a 10ft tall Norse god of a man, with golden cascading locks hanging off your wrists…. Reality would only disappoint me

2. Morynne says:

Sadly I’m not making it to Blizzcon this year, but I’m sure you guys will have a fabulous time! Have a drink for me!

3. Lóse says:

Challenge accepted.

4. Induates says:

Someone get a photo of the Dawn taming attempt!

5. Thoare says:

Can someone post the specifics of the meet up at the Hilton, Time date address etc..

Um…. first paragraph…. and as for address, I’ve no idea, but if you look at that picture and imagine me standing there with the camera… the Hilton is about 10 yards behind me. You can’t miss it, it’s right across the sidewalk from the entrance to the con.

• shadowscout says:

the address is 777 Convention Way, but yeah if your at the front of the convention centre your at the front of the hilton

btw bottled beers in the hilton are currently $6 same for glasses of draft beer (the octoberfest pumpkin thing is ok, they had coors light and stella as well (and I think maybe red tractor tho not entirely sure) and yeah I mean glass not pints :(

cocktail prices vary, but going by last year they had extra mini-bottle bars at each corner of the lobby so its most likely going to be faster / easier to drink bottles

6. Angela says:

kinda off topic but I would LOVE to see an IN Game WHU Tabard. This way when we are in the world ( horde or ally) we can easily recognize each other. It would be sold on all servers from the tabard vendor for a low price but only purchasable and wearable by Hunter’s : )

7. Lambchop says:

I shall be attending and dragging The Guardian Tank podcast with me! The host started WoW as a Druid so maybe you guys can tame him!

8. Kantala says:

It will be an honor to have a brew with ye!

9. FellishBeast says:

Will I be allowed into the bar? I’m 20. I would totally love to see you guys, though. I’m a hunter to the core and I went from huntard to chart-topper with this site <3

Yes, you’ll be allowed in. It’s a part of their lobby area, not a separate room, so they can’t keep people out.

10. Roszvela says:

Yay, Looking forward to meeting you all.

11. Curtis says:

At the meet and greet now and I just secured my bracelet!

12. shadowscout says:

the bracelets were fab and an unexpected bonus :)

13. Lambchop says:

My wife is jealous of my bracelet. Win! Worth the 5000 mile trip alone.