OMGWHUBBQ3!!ONE!!

It’s about that time of year again… May is upon us, and though we just had a bit of snow, I’m pretty sure that’s going to be the end of it. And with the coming good weather comes other good things, such as the annual WHU BBQ!

This will be the third year that we’ve held the event. For those of you new to the Union, every year we host a big most-of-the-day BBQ over at Arust’s pad. We grill, we drink, we trade hunter stories, we listen to WoW music, and generally geek out with the creme of the crop — which is to say with other hunters.

Last year we had numerous people fly or drive in from out of state, including the dreaded haterade, Hrist himself, as well as the WHU guild den-mother Bella. Arthemystia came in from distant lands as well and held the official WHU poetry reading, which yielded some real gems and a lot of hilarity. Bella baked us special WHU-themed cake while Arust went a more traditional hunter route and grilled some meat! You can see some of what went on last year, with more pics at the WHU BBQ2 Recap.

What kind of shenanigans will we get up to this year? Who knows! We are, however, scheduling the BBQ on a Saturday this year so that we can do the Hunting Party Podcast broadcast live from the WHU BBQ! There’s the possibility of cool prizes, secret info, and more of Bella’s home baking! Arth has officially announced that he’s repeating and improving his hunter poetry event for those who can’t make it — details here. Everyone is welcome to attend — but please RSVP if you can so we have some idea of how much food and drinks to get.

Here are the details:

• WHUBBQ3
  • Saturday, May 28th, 1pm – 7pmish
  • Minneapolis, Minnesota
  • Casa de Arust: 5317 Camden Ave N., 55430
  • No children please
  • Piles of food and drinks provided
  • No need to bring anything… unless you want to give Frost a friendship bracelet to add to his collection
  • Please email Frostheim to RSPV with the # of people so we know how much food to bring!

I hope to see more of you there than ever before! And maybe we can get some brainstorming in on what should happen for the official WHU Blizzcon event while we’re at it!

The die hards who stayed until the end of the BBQ last year!

1. Sidoen says:

That sounds like an epic event! Wish I had the time and money to travel on down there.

2. SlayrAbraxas says:

Didn’t know where to post this, but you need to cut down the font size for the post headers.

3. Bozanimal says:

BAH! Send you and email? You never responded to the last one!

4. Omogon says:

wish I was less than 1500 miles away :)

5. Damsbo says:

Pff, I can’t play with you guys because I play on the EU realms, and i can’t attend the epic BBQ because it’ll cost me a couple of months pay, just to travel! Uff.
    Hope you guys will have a blast, toast for the poor un-commenly good looking hunters over here from EU <3

6. kabochahime says:

Yum!

If you guy do a Blizzcon meetup, I’d love to go! I won’t be buying Blizzcon tickets, but I live close enough to attend all the post-meet up stuff. :)

7. Shakoba says:

Camden eh? is it still as rough as I remember or has it cleaned up any?

8. Kuanita says:

Off topic but just began this weeks podcast and Bidredkitty is back. What server and guild does he belong to so i can look him up? there are like 1000 bigredkitty’s lol.

9. Hunterfaller says:

OMG!!! I didn’t realize you did this awesomesauce event in MN (seriously i just did the nerd filp-out for a solid 5mins going OMG, OMG)!!!!!!!!!! if i would of know this two weeks earlier i would of postponed my internship to go this event (only like a hour of there) of amazing and meet the man who as made me the hunter i am today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Hrist says:

Sadly, I will be unable to attend this year. Pour out a Dr. Pepper for me!

11. quivering says:

Do a video this year! :D

I do have one question, do yall go by your RL names or characters name when in person?

• Arthemystia says:

Iirc, it was a mixture. Frost’s real name is more widely known these days because of his affiliation with WoW Insider, but saying it at the BBQ last year felt a bit foreign. It was mostly “Frost” with a smattering of “What’s Hrist’s/Frost’s/Arust’s/etc. real name again?” when we wanted to use their proper names.

I’m pretty sure almost everyone else went by their real names, however.

I’ll of course be attending again. Thongs for everyone this year. ;-)

• Brekke says:

Sounds like a blast! lol We’ve had get together’s for our guild and we all still end up going by our character names. Even guildies I’ve known for years and KNOW my real name still call my by my char name. It’s funny how we associate our names to a person.

12. Sofeladese says:

Sadly, the family is going through some difficult financial times at the moment, so a trip to Minnesota isn’t quite in our budget. Hopefully I can make it to next year’s. Take plenty of pictures for me!

13. Alihandra says:

I’d love to come and if I could make it I would. My memorial day will be spent with relatives for ‘planting’ season… ground is too hard in the winter to bury the old folks who don’t make it… or the bodies I have in my clo….

lets just say I’ll be indisposed… I hope you have good weather!

14. Eurinome says:

/mope
    Shall need to pour myself a beer or three at home and listen in via podcast/join an ingame thingy if it’s on. Budget doesn’t q-u-i-t-e stretch to getting this little huntress there; round trip would cost around 4k. Very ouchie. (WTT cookies for RL intercontinental zeppelin)

I know it’ll be a ridiculously fun time, hope to see lots of photos.

15. the Cheerleader says:

Goood times:D Arth, I think it is great that you are gonna be there!! Hrist, I am sad you wont be able to make it:( That sad face is for you:D

Thongs? hmnmmm….

And I think we used our screen names:D At least I remember answering more to Bella than anything else:D

• Arthemystia says:

Actually, no thongs or t-shirts this year, but I have something else planned. Will have to run it by Frost, but it may be up on the WHU soon.

16. Ironthumbs says:

Unfortunately it’s slightly too expensive to fly from the UK to Minnesota for a 6hour BBQ :p hope you folks have a blast though!

17. Lovemontes-Aman'thul says:

do one in melbourne, australia :P

18. Sarsfild says:

:( Is a pity that i live miles away. Not just in another country, i´m in another continent :P.
    You should strart to think to do an european encounter because you have a lot of supporters around here :P.
    Enjoy it and have fun!!!

19. Azeem says:

Wow, the great Frotheim is in my town, having a barbeque, and I can make it! Fantastic! I love when these events happen in my town. =)

I think I may have to show up.

20. Flint says:

Cant wait.

21. Wish I lived nearby, sounds like a blast.
    Let’s talk more about Official WHU Blizzcon event!

22. Fioschad says:

The BBQ of awesomeness is on mah birthday! XD

I really wish I could go, but I don’t think the border folks would be happy if I tried to get over the border without a passport T_T

Blah for inconveniences, because otherwise it’d be a fairly fast trip…
    (At least I can submit a poem!)

23. Boadiccae says:

Gosh, it sounds like so much fun (just re-listened to last year’s podcast on same)! However, last week of school follows Memorial Day weekend for Nashville this year (due to all the snow days we accumulated…you would guffaw at what we call a snow day) so will not be able to meet you all, even tho I feel I know you as I have been listening since episode 3! Perhaps if you have one next year! As I am finishing up grades and such I will be thinking of you all! Happy Grillin, guildies!

24. Tappen says:

Saw the news about the Minnesota tornado today and realized it was around Arust’s Neighborhood. I pray everyone is well and also that the area recovers quickly.

25. Boadiccae says:

My sentiments exactly..just looking at the morning news myself. Hope all are safe.

26. Canitiva says:

anyone driving up from Chicago???? I’d love to go but don’t have a vehicle. I live in Chicago near Oak Park… Just getting back online after taking a hiatus cause I moved and JUST found this post! It’s Viking country but I think I’ll survive! LOL… yaboychitown@gmail.com