This is the holding page for the official WHU guild.
The current level cap is: NONE.
The next event is: Not announced.
The WHU guild welcomes all dues paying hunters. In addition to being a fantastic community that’s always willing to help each other out, this is the platform from which we host the WHU in-game events, such as:
- Level 1 Hunter raid: Hogger & Ysondre
- Level 10 Hunter Raid: Emeriss
- Level 19 Hunter Raid: Prot Warrior Arena Madness
- Level 30 Hunter Raid: March on Blackrock Mountain
- Pirates Day!
- Level 40: WHU vs the Outlands
- Level 50: WHU vs Thunder Bluff
- Level 55: WHU vs Thyrm (gnomish hunter style)
- Level 65: WHU vs the Whale Shark
- Level 75: Size matters arena madness & Sylvanas raid
- Level 90: WHU vs Orgrimmar (in ogre suits)
It is for these events that the WHU guild was created — though since then it’s taken on a life of its own. There are always hunters online the WHU at any time of the day or night, questing, PvPing, maintaining the guild bank, and pursuing the elusive BiS gear.
The WHU guild has an artificially imposed level cap, so that most of us will be on approximately even footing. This greatly increases the chance that there’s someone available to help you with whatever you need, or willing to hop in a dungeon or battleground with you. The level cap will very slowly be increased, and will only be increased after major WHU events. Currently the level cap has been removed and WHU hunters can be all the way up to level 85.
WHU Guild Basics
- We are on Icecrown (North American Server), Alliance side.
- To join: first read all the rules on this page. Then hop on and join the WHU chat channel (/join WHU) and ask for an invite. There is almost always someone online who can invite you in. If you don’t get a response right away we may be busy owning a bg. Just wait a bit and ask again.
- The current level cap is NONE
- Read the WHU 101 for a rundown of what to expect and how to prepare for WHU events.
- You can access the WHU Guild Forums
WHU Guild Rules
We have some basic rules and requirements to be a part of the guild:
- Only dwarven hunters allowed. That’s it. This is simple and shouldn’t be hard to follow!
- You cannot go over the current level cap! If you want to level a character up to 85 on your own pace, that’s fine, go to it. But the WHU guild is for us to level up together at the same snail’s pace.
- Please only one character per person.
- Be polite. Avoid personal attacks of any kind, and any language that would get you a reprimand at work or isn’t allowed on prime-time television.
- If you are inactive for 2 week and aren’t a the level cap, you will be kicked from the guild to make room for active members. You can always ask for an invite again when you return.
- Officers reserve the right to /gkick people who are behaving like asshats. There is often no warning — we just kick you and are done with it, so behave.
WHU Guild Ranks
- Member — the first rank you get.
- Dues Payer — rank granted once you hit level 20. Basically you’ve been around long enough that we know you aren’t just here to rob our bank.
- Level Capped — once you hit the current level cap, you get this rank. Level Cap ranked people will never be kicked for inactivity (though you’ll be demoted out of level capped when the cap changes).
- Officer — people who help run the guild or the guild events. Be kind to them, they work hard
WHU Guild Bank
We do have a guild bank with all tabs, but with the number of characters we have in the guild, there is not a lot of space to go around. Thus we want to use this space wisely.
- You can only deposit to tab 1.
- There are various limits on what you can take out — usually 2-5 per tab per day. So choose wisely.
- Do not put random mats into the guild bank — not leather, herbs, ore, or any of it.
- Do not put random greens into the guild bank — not even for someone to DE.
- Do not put white items, gray items, food, bandages, or any of that junk into the guild bank.
- Please only put completed (crafted) items that are useful for hunters of our level into the bank. And of course gold is always welcome.
- Bank tabs are organized by level — level capped characters can withdraw from all tabs (except, of course, the deposit tab and the officers tab).
WHU Guild FAQ
- Yes, we have a tabbard.
- There are several WHU alt-guilds (often for high-level alts) including the Dead Hunters Society started by DK alts but open to all alts. The DKs are primarily used to farm up money to twink out their little hunters.
- The current level cap will always be in the GMotD
- We are always working to keep our numbers below 1,000 (we used to be over that, before the cap) and as a result the number fluctuates a lot as we boot inactive people, and usually spikes just before an event.