Over at the WHU Guild more and more of us are hitting the new level cap (level 19) and turning off xp. While there, we’re twinking out our level 19 hunters with the best gear possible.
WHU member Uroloken has kindly put together this level 19 hunter BiS list for us, which I’ve tweaked ever so slightly. So let’s hear it for Uroloken for doing this for us!
Just a note here that at level 19 our stat priority is hit > agility > AP > int > stam.
Just like at level 80, we prefer hit until we reach the hit cap (which depends on what level mob you’re fighting, but figure you want to at least be at 5%). In fact, hit is even more important while leveling since it gives our pet hit and expertise, which lets our pet hold aggro better.
Stam is more important to us while leveling than it is at 80, but it’s still last on the list. Still, I’d prefer a 5 agil / 5 stam item over a pure 6 agil item, but I’d much prefer a 9 agil item to either.
Heirloom items are not included in this list; however, you can safely assume that any heirloom item you have will be close enough to BiS that you’ll want to use the heirloom. Remember that there is an heirloom gun available from the vendor in Wintergrasp, and the rogue chest and shoulders can be better than the hunter ones, especially for pet tanking, since they have a bunch of hit rating on them.
Satchel of Goods
The Satchel of Goods is the reward for using the random dungeon finder. When you complete a random dungeon using the dungeon finder, you’ll automatically receive the Satchel of Goods. It contains a random blue appropriate to your level. Could be cloth, could be spellpower gear, or it could be something best in slot for you.
- Green Tinted Goggles — engineers only
- Sentinel’s Medallion – pvp reward. Sold by SIlverwing Supply Officer in Ashenvale (61.5, 83.8) for 100 honor.
- Serpent’s Shoulders - drops off Lady Anaconda in Wailing Caverns
- Rugged Spaulders – drops off Rethilgore in Shadowfang Keep
- Glowing Lizardscale Cloak: – drops off Skum in Wailing Caverns
- Sentry Cloak – random BoE drop. Check the AH.
- Tumultuous Cloak of the Bandit (+4 agil, +4 stam, +8 AP) – reward from Satchel of Goods.
- Tumultuous Cloak of the Monkey (+5 agil, +5 stam) – reward from Satchel of Goods.
- Tunic of Westfall - quest reward from “The Defias Brotherhood” starting with Gryan Stoutmantle in Westfall.
- Dark Leather Tunic – LW crafted.
- Forest Leather Bracers - random BoE. Check the AH.
- Gloves of the Fang – drops off Druid of the Fang in Wailing Caverns, or on AH
- Nimble Leather Gloves – LW crafted.
- Deviate Scale Belt – LW crafted.
- Vigorous Belt of the Monkey (+6 agil, +6 stam) – reward from Satchel of Goods.
- Vigorous Belt of the Bandit (+5 agil, +5 stam, +10 ap)- reward from Satchel of Goods.
- Tumultuous Belt of the Wild (+5 agil, +3 stam, +10 AP) – reward from Satchel of Goods.
- Belt of the Fang - drops of Lady Anacondra in Wailing Caverns
- Feet of the Lynx – random BoE. Check the AH (expensive).
- Footpads of the Fang – drops off Lord Serpentis in Wailing Caverns
- Dark Leather Boots – LW crafted.
- Seal of Wrynn – Quest reward from “An Audience with the King” which starts with “The Unsent Letter” that drops from Edwin Van Cleef in Deadmines.
- Simple Pearl Ring – JC crafted
- Protector’s Band – pvp reward. Sold by Silverwing Supply Officer Illyana Moonblaze in Ashenvale (61.5, 83.8) for 100 honor.
Heirloom or engineering items are your only options.
- Thief’s Blade – drops off Mr. Smite in Deadmines
- Buzzer Blade – drops off Sneed’s Shredder in Deadmines
- Sentinel’s Blade – pvp reward. Sold by Silverwing Supply Officer Illyana Moonblaze in Ashenvale (61.5, 83.8).