Hrist and I had a long phone conversation yesterday about the progress of our 10-man raid. The big problem that we’re having right now is that we have some very occasional players, and we need at least one of them to show up to have a full group. And of course we need every single regular to show up as well.
Suffice to say we haven’t been raiding a whole lot lately, and when we do we’re usually short so we just go romp through Naxx for badges. However, almost all of our guildmates are members of different 10-man groups, so we don’t have much of a pool from which to draw.
Then we had a conversation that went something like this:
Hrist: You could post on your blog looking for more people.
Frost: Yes, but they’re all hunters.
Hrist: No, we have enough hunters. We need better class synergy. Like a Death Knight, or a Warlock.
Frost: Right, but the site is read by hunters. We have a union. Of hunters.
Hrist: I know what your site is about, but there’s this thing called an “alt” and a lot of people have them.
Frost: But… we’re hunters… I’m sure if they have alts they’re hunters too.
In the end I lost the argument and Hrist convinced me that it’s possible that a hunter could have a non-hunter alt. Or that a non-hunter could be a hunter in his or her heart and thus read the WHU.
So… we’re looking for a few good raiders to join our 10-man team!
Raid nights: Tuesday & Thursday
Times: 6pm server. That’s 7pm Central Standard Time.
1 DPS class (non-hunter, alas). Preferably a Warlock. Or something.
1 Tank class. Preferably a Death Knight, but not that picky.
- We need people who can usually be at the raids. We all got lives that make us miss a raid here and there, but we need to be able to rely on you to be there most of the time.
- Expect to have to tolerate Hrist, the haterade
- I may blog about you
- This does not guarantee an invite into the guild. Our 10-man team is separate from the guild. We do have a separate 10-man bank with raid supplies. You will also be able to join the friends of the guild chat channel. As more people from the guild come to know you, a guild invite could happen down the road. (Need many people in the guild to know you before you can get an invite).
- You will, of course, be eligible for raid loot from day 1. No rolling or DKP – if you want a piece of loot you put in for it and Hrist decides where it will benefit the team the most.
- You’ll also be eligible for ribbing and mocking.
- Our goal is to have 12 regular raiders – which means you may have to sit out the occasional raid. If you have to sit a night, you’ll be in the next night. We want to keep everyone in the raid as much as possible.
- If you need gearing up, we can help with naxx runs; however, you’re expected to do the work on heroics in your free time.
- There is a 1 month trial period before you become a permanant member. You’ll be eligible for all the loots and stuff during the trial period. Permanent membership based on decent attendance, performance, and compatability with the team.
How to Apply
If you’re interested, just Email Frostheim. Tell me about your raid experience and send an Armory link of your character. If this is an alt that you haven’t raided with, please send an Amory link of your main as well (so we can see where you’ve been).
Also, importantly, be sure to tell us a little about yourself. Where do you live? What do you do? What makes you tick? What do you want out of the team?