This is a guide for the Pest Control achievement in WotLK.
I took on the Pest Control achievement thinking it would be fun, and maybe I would get to clear out Tinkertown, perhaps kill all the NPCs in less than 1 minute. But no.
Maybe I would find myself having to have five gnomes die while grouped with them? No.
While not as fun as killing gnomes, I got to kill critters and Control Pests around the World of Warcraft. Here is a guide on how to complete the Pest Control achievement with Dalaran as your hearth point:
Open each of the following links in your web browser of choice, hit CTRL+M to open your mini map, then fly or run around to each dot on your browser map.
If you’re lucky enough to have a flying mount, you can macro (see below) all the names of the pests you must control and just fly over the area. Fly low, so that if your instant cast spell dismounts you, you don’t die.
1. Head into the sewers of Dala and kill an Underbelly Rat.
2. Go to Zul’Drak to and kill a Zul’Drak Rat.
3. Make your way to Howling Fjord and kill Devouring Maggot, Fjord Rat, Roach, Spider.
4. Form a raid and zone into Naxx to get your Larva, Maggot, and Rat.
5. Continue west to Coldara and take out a Crystal Spider in The Nexus.
6. Zone into Halls of Stone or Halls of Lightning and kill a Gold Beetle.
Hearth back to Dalaran and zone to Outland.
Now fly back to Shattarath and head to Stormwind.
Everything in the dungeons is close to the doors, or if not, use the links to find a close alternate.
then another /tar for each critter
Drop the macro onto a key, and then spam it as your fly around. When something comes up target it. Then cast an instant or otherwise kill it. You can remove that critter from your macro and move on.
You are now a Pest Control er.